Discovery

I think everyone goes through something that makes them question everything about themselves, just to become better, smarter and tougher. I went through a horrible breakup about a year ago. My significant other at the time was horrible now that I look back at it. He was cheating, lying and verbally abusive. I look back and I really questioned why I stayed as long as I did but I only stayed because of the abuse I was experiencing. When I realized enough was enough I stood up for myself and ended up breaking up with him. I not only felt liberated but happy. I cried a lot but this launched me in a path of self discovery. What I learned first was that I don't think we understand were lost until something so big blows up in our face and their is no way to ignore it, like most want to. I tried to distract the hurt I was feeling by trying new things and hanging with old friends I hadn't seen in years. I went vacationing, made new friends, experienced a renaissance faire, and learned to love being alone. I started cooking, reading and going on long walks more than usual. This is where me and my thoughts had time to battle it out, and ultimately where I realized I am on my way to where I want to be. I became a more positive person, loving friend and humorous goober that I had always been. If I can do it so can you. Their is light at the end of every tunnel you may be trying to travel through. Its okay not to be okay, and it is okay to want to take time for yourself, don't let others guilt you because they are bored. Discovery was the most beautiful thing to happen in my life and I am so thankful for my ex ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends

What Makes You Happy?