Texted-Based Art















The converted image I created was an elephant. I thought it would be extremely interesting to see it with the numbers and symbols and I liked the way the black background looked rather than the white. Beside this text, I have added a softball that has my name in it to make out the picture. Softball has been my life ever since I can remember and I thought it was a really cool idea if I use my name within this photo to really express that this sport will always have a piece of me.

Below this text I inserted my word art image, which is a heart with the words love, smile and happiness within it. I think it was just a nice little touch that I thought was super cute, loving and everyone deserved to see as well as, feel. As you can tell love is extremely emphasized and I really liked the look of it within this heart. This made me think of self-love. The heart has an arrow that comes around back into the center of the heart and I really translated that to love first starts from within the heart then can be shown outwards. This meant a lot to me and was really peaceful to create.
After I created the images above I worked towards adding texts to a few images I had already taken this semester. I chose three different images and added a little flare to each. This Toledo image to the left is a Toledo sign that is downtown and I added words such as, Mudhens, Walleyes, rockets and Ohio because these are things that might describe what comes from Toledo!
I also used this image of downtown Toledo Promenade park and added a little twist on it. I added in my favorite quote which is: 
 "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." I thought that this was a really cool picture to include this quote because you can see the light peaking through and the quote is talking about the light that is shining through us. I thought it gave the picture a really interesting twist!
















Next I included this little spot downtown that had these really cute twinkling lights that I thought were just so special and wonderful. I amped up the space between lines as well as the waviness of this picture to get it almost looking like it was straight out of a comic book. I thought it looked really interesting and contrasted just about everything from the original picture. I left some green visible from the picture because I thought it gave it some of the texture it needed. I lightened it up to make it look less sinister or dark than what it originally did.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends

What Makes You Happy?

Discovery