Make Time for You

I think that as a whole our society doesn't take enough time for themselves; to decompress, clear our minds, and love ourselves. We get so busy in a routine, worrying about others and whats going on around us that we forget about the most important thing in our lives; ourselves. There are several different avenues you can take to center yourself throughout the day but it is important to remember that everyone is different and people may need to experience different methods than yourself.

Below I have added four ways I would recommend to decompress during your day:

1. Meditate (breathe)- Taking a couple minutes out of your day to get a few deep breathes in could really help to keep you calm and centered. Clearing your brain even for the minutes of meditation you are experiencing can give you clarity as well as energy you need to boost your day.

2. Take a Bath- A warm bath is always so helpful for me. At the end of a long day just hopping into some warm water and relaxing in the comfort of your own home could be extremely clarifying. I like to add some flare to my baths by adding a bath bomb, salts and light bubbles. I also light candles to make me feel more relaxed and turn on some soft jams that I really enjoy.

3. Positive Self-Talk- Every morning I start my days off by standing in front of the mirror and complimenting myself. I know that people say that you should be humble and I agree but I don't think that positive self-talk is conceited, I think it is empowering. I think this is something that men and women could do more often because we spend a lot of time tearing ourselves down for things that aren't going to matter in a few years. We only have this body for so long, lets enjoy it!

 4. Find Time to Spend Alone- A walk, a meal, a small nap, I believe that these are all simple things you could do to find your alone time. It is great to surround yourself with people that you enjoy being around but I think its equally as important to find time with your own thoughts and feelings for a small portion of your day.

I think if you take your time out of your day and complete at least one of the four listed above that could be really helpful and improve your quality of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends

What Makes You Happy?

Discovery